Friday, July 25, 2008

WDOK's Christmas in July weekend

Driving in to work this morning I had my radio scanning my programmed channels as usual. "Indians playing the Twins this weekend..." [SCAN] "The Akron police department was especially busy last night..." [SCAN] "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose..."

Wait a minute, it's July - not Christmas!

As part of 102.1 WDOK's Christmas in July promotion they are celebrating Christmas early this year - all weekend long! I listened as an endless amount of callers made their claims on why this was a good or bad idea. When a caller opposed their ideas, Trapper Jack rang Christmas bells in hopes the gentle ringing would ease them in to the holiday spirit.

The whole promotion is very nicely played, however. WDOK's website is decorated with their holiday themes complete with falling snowflakes.

And with that I must wish you all a Merry Christmas and happy last weekend in July.

-K

No comments: