Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wait, that can't be right...


Was that really Eddie Murphy's head on the back of a car?

Indeed it was. This past weekend on my way to Cleveland I saw a giant Eddie Murphy head on the back of a car. "Oh, I thought those were only in California!" Exclaimed my brother from the back seat of my car. Did I miss something?

It turns out as part of Eddie Murphy's new movie, Meet Dave, there is a huge (pun intended) advertising campaign for the country to meet Murphy's character, Dave, by driving behind his head on highways all over the country. This advertisement sure caught my attention.

It also drove me to think about the other memorable vehicles turned into advertisements throughout the years. The following are a few of the ones that stick out in my mind.

Oscar Mayer's Wienermobile has been entertaining drivers since 1936.



Red Bull started the energy drink craze in 2000 and quickly gained the attention of caffeine junkies everywhere with their assorted vehicle advertising soon after.



This Dunkin' Donuts truck sure would make anyone want a donut with chocolate icing.


According to a Flickr user, this Budweiser car was driving up and down Woodward Avenue in suburban Detroit during the 2007 Woodward Dream Cruise. Samples were given out to promote Budweiser - however, the samples were of root beer.

What will they think of next?

-Katy

No comments: